Recognising Best Practice in Sustainable School Travel
What is Modeshift STARS?
The Modeshift STARS online platform is a comprehensive Travel Planning tool that:
Creates, develops and supports Travel Plans
Assists in monitoring and evaluation
Recognises and rewards excellence for the promotion of sustainable and active travel
Modeshift STARS is the Centre of Excellence for the delivery of Effective Travel Plans in Education, Business and Community settings.
Modeshift STARS is an online platform that supports the creation of a Travel Plan followed by a continuous process of planning, delivering and reviewing as set out in the Modeshift STARS Journey below:
Modeshift STARS Education Fees
|Modeshift STARS Education Fees|
|Type of organisation||Cost|
|Local Authorities (must hold Modeshift Local Authority Membership)||£499 per annum (1st April – 31st March each year)|
|Schools in England excluding London (age range 4-16) (including Local Authority Nurseries)||Free (funded by Department for Transport)|
|Schools outside of England (age range 4-16)||£30 per site|
|Early Years Establishments (Independent Providers)||£30 per site|
|Higher Education Establishments||£30 per site|
|Universities/Further Education Establishments||
n/a – please use STARS Business
Modeshift STARS Business Fees
|Modeshift STARS Business Fees|
|Modeshift STARS Business License Fee - Payable to access the STARS Business platform.||Contact us for more information|
|Your organisation's "site" added to the Modeshift STARS online Platform||£150 (Only applies to sites in areas where the local authority is not participating in Modeshift STARS. Local charges may apply.)|
|Bronze Level Accreditation Fee||£150 (£0 if your site is within a Local Authority that is participating in the Modeshift STARS Business Scheme)|
|Silver Level Accreditation Fee||£250|
|Gold Level Accreditation Fee||£500|
Why use Modeshift STARS?
- Saves time and money – Modeshift STARS Business saves time when creating a Travel Plan therefore reducing the cost of writing the document
- Supports the planning process – provides a direct communication channel with local authority Planning & Transport teams
- Delivers on Corporate Social Responsibility objectives – Modeshift STARS Business can help your organisation support sustainable travel in the community
- Supports the development of a healthy and sustainable workforce –Modeshift STARS Business is about creating a healthier and moreproductive workforce for your organisation
- Helps meet BREEAM standards – via the production of a national standard Travel Plan
- Provides National Accreditation – receive national recognition for your achievements and the chance to win National Awards
Contact us for more information
Who is Modeshift?
Established in 2007, Modeshift is a not for profit membership organisation funded by the public, private and community sectors in the United Kingdom.
Modeshift aims to secure increased levels of safe, active and sustainable travel in educational establishments, businesses and communities thereby engendering widespread travel behaviour change in the long term. It seeks to do this by representing its members’ needs and supporting sustainable travel practitioners through a range of new and existing services.
Using its position as a leading organisation in sustainable travel, Modeshift aims to be the centre of excellence for the promotion of sustainable travel choices in education, workplace and community settings by raising standards of industry delivery. This includes establishing a standard and level of implementation for travel plans, sharing best practice on the provision of travel choices information, and recognising excellence in the delivery of sustainable travel initiatives in schools and workplaces.
Ultimately Modeshift works with its members and partners in striving towards a world in which communities are free to make healthy and sustainable travel choices where active travel is seen as the norm.