Recognising Best Practice in Sustainable School Travel
Modeshift STARS User Terms and Conditions.
Please read the following carefully. It outlines Modeshift’s responsibilities and Terms and Conditions to you regarding personal data in Modeshift STARS and your responsibilities when using the system.
- If you are happy with the terms and conditions, click ‘Continue’ to login or register.
- If not, click ‘Cancel’. Any registration details you have previously provided will be deleted and you will be unable to access Modeshift STARS.
Modeshift accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of taking part in Modeshift STARS. Modeshift further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with Modeshift STARS.
Modeshift reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, aspects of Modeshift STARS with or without prior notice due to reasons either within or outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Modeshift in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
Modeshift reserves the right to unsubscribe anyone who is behaving inappropriately and causing offence to others or engaged in any illegal or fraudulent activity.
Modeshift shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
Modeshift’s Responsibilities to You
- Data that is entered into the site is sent over a secure https connection and as such is encrypted between your computer and our servers. We encrypt your login credentials to ensure your login details are only accessible by you and any third party to whom you've given your login details.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Modeshift are identified as the Data Controller. All users of the STARS system are identified as Data Processors and under GDPR have joint responsibility to the handling of data and both parties are responsible in the case of a data breach.
Your Responsibilities When Using Modeshift STARS
- Under GDPR all system users – Modeshift STARS Registered Users are identified as Data Processors therefore have joint responsibility for the data that you process and upload to Modeshift STARS. As a Data Processor you agree to the following terms regarding the data you upload, store and process on Modeshift STARS:
- To maintain a record of all processing operations under their responsibility
- Co-operate with supervisory authorities
- Comply with rules on transfers of personal data outside the EU
- Be directly responsible for implementing appropriate security measures such as access control and password management.
- Need to inform a controller (Modeshift STARS) immediately of any data breach
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have appropriate consents for any photographs, images or personal information that you upload to Modeshift STARS.
- Modeshift strongly recommends that you do not include student/pupil names within Modeshift STARS. We suggest referring to them by group title, e.g. JTA, YTA, Pupil Council, etc. where appropriate.
- Anything you download or export from Modeshift STARS, ceases to be Modeshift’s responsibility once outside of the systems and becomes governed by your own organisation’s data protection policies as a data processor, e.g. reports or Travel Plans.
Cookies are small amounts of information which we may store on your computer.
- Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the online application. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the online application during future visits. They also allow us to monitor online application traffic and to personalise the content of the online application for you. You may set up your computer to reject cookies by following the relevant instructions, which can be found at www.aboutcookies.org. In that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our online application.
Any changes to our privacy and data protection policies in the future will be posted to the online application and, where appropriate, through e-mail notification